Assign an AvaTax Update tax group code to customers to ensure AvaTax Update is calculating tax for those customers. Use the Tax Group Code Mass Update utility to assign multiple customers to a tax group code at once.
Update the tax group code for multiple customers at once
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, go to Avalara AvaTax > Utilities > Tax Group Code Mass Update.
- From the Customer/vendor list, select Customer.
- From the Sales tax group list, select the tax group with which to associate the customers:
- AVATAX: This schedule sets the origin address to be either your company address or the warehouse address. If you select this option, the service determines whether the sourcing is from the destination or the origin address.
- AVATAX-POD: Select to set the tax calculation based on the destination address.
- AVATAX-POS: Select to set the tax calculation is based on the origin address
- Click the Range field, and then click Select. The Inquiry page opens.
- On the Range tab, click the down arrow under Criteria, select the first customer in the range, and then type 2 periods (..).
- Click the down arrow again, select the last customer in the range, and then click OK.
- Click OK to run the utility.
When the utility finishes assigning your customers to AvaTax Update, the "Customer Tax Group Code Update Completed" message displays.