When your client receives a tax notice, they may need to complete a power of attorney (POA) form to allow your firm to contact the jurisdiction on their behalf. If your client receives a notice from a country, state, or province, make sure to add contact information in the power of attorney form for that jurisdiction.
Before you begin
- Identify the company officer who can sign the representative power of attorney.
- Download the power of attorney form for the jurisdiction that sent the notice.
- Work with your client to complete the form.
- In Returns for Accountants, select Filing Calendars > Filing Calendars.
- Use the Filters pane to find the company and return form.
- Use the filters to locate the filing calendar associated with the POA form.
- Find the filing calendar, then select ⋮ > Create Attachment.
- Enter the following information:
- Attachment Type: Select Power of Attorney.
- Status: Select Active.
- Effective Date: Enter an effective date. This is generally the date the POA form was submitted to the state, or the effective date listed on the POA form.
- Expiration Date: Enter the expiration listed on the POA form.
- Drag and drop the file into the upload area, or select Browse Instead to find the file on your computer.
- Select Save when you're done.