After you've stopped applying an exemption certificate, copy it to create a new one for your exempt customer.
Before you begin
You need to stop applying an exemption certificate before you can copy it.
- In the Avalara Home page menu, select Exemptions > Customers.
- Select the customer code for the customer with a certificate you want to copy.
The customer record opens.
- Select the Exemption Certificates tab.
- Select the certificate ID for the certificate you want to copy.
The certificate record opens.
- Select Use this as a template.
- Make any necessary changes to the certificate.
- Expiration: When the exemption no longer applies to the customer. Select the date to change it.
- Limit this certificate to one document or purchase order: When selected, enter the document or purchase order number you want to apply the certificate to.
- Select Save.
A copy of the certificate is created and is applied based on the effective and expiration dates.