This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax Update
Before you fine-tune your company profile, review everywhere you collect and pay tax to make sure the information is up to date and accurate. Product taxability varies depending on the jurisdictions where you collect and pay tax.
- Verify your company information.
- In AvaTax Update, go to Settings > Manage Companies.
- Make sure that your legal company name and taxpayer ID or Employment Identification Number (EIN) are accurate.
- Make sure your company locations are up to date.
- Go to Settings > Company Locations and Marketplaces.
- Double-check that your primary office location is listed and accurate. If applicable, ensure that all other physical or marketplace locations for your business are listed.
- Review everywhere you collect and pay tax including jurisdiction details.
- Go to Settings > Where You Collect Tax.
- For each jurisdiction, confirm the tax type and effective date.
- Tax type
Confirm the tax type and review your state registrations. To change a jurisdiction's tax type, click Details, choose a new tax type, and click Done.
- Effective date
Confirm the effective date. By default, we set this date to one year before the day you set up AvaTax Update. If you register with a jurisdiction, but are not allowed to collect tax yet, set the effective date to a future date when tax collection should begin.
- Tax type