This article applies to:AvaTax
Unlike creating users manually, importing allows you to add customer information and their exemption details at the same time.
- In AvaTax, select Exemptions.
The Customer Exemptions page opens.
- Select Import Customers and Exemptions.
- Select Download the Exemptions Import Toolkit to download the import toolkit.
The toolkit contains a ZIP file with an import spreadsheet and a help file.
- Open the template and add customer information. Use this table as a guide.
- Don't modify the Column headings of the template
- Spreadsheets with more than 100,000 lines can't be imported. Break them up into smaller import files
- Save your spreadsheet and return to Exemptions > Import Customers and Exemptions.
- Drag the file into the upload field or click Browse to select the file for upload.
If there are any errors, download the error file and learn how to fix the errors.
Refresh the page if your new customers do not appear in the list.