A license key establishes an ongoing connection between your system and AvaTax Update.
Before you begin
Only account administrators can create a new license key.
- Check your email for the license key and account number you received from Avalara. Once you have it, get your integration or connector.
Finding your license key and account number...
Avalara sends the license key and account number to the person who logs in to AvaTax Update and accepts the terms and conditions. If you can't find it, check to see if it was sent to someone else at your company.
- If you need to create a new license key, Go to Settings > License and API Keys.
The Avalara Account page opens.
- Click Generate License Key.
A warning displays. If this is your first time setting up AvaTax Update, you can ignore the warning.
Here's why you see the warning...
If you use a license key to connect to other systems, generating a new one breaks the connection to those systems. To restore the connection, you have to enter the new license key in each system.
- Click Yes, Generate a License Key.
- Download, print, or copy and paste the key and put it somewhere you won’t lose it. For security reasons, we don't store license keys.