For AvaTax to be able to calculate tax accurately, you need to tell AvaTax about your business:
- Where you collect and pay tax
- The products and services you sell and where you sell them
- The customers you exempt from tax, if any
If your business has more than one company, you can create an additional company profile at any time. Go to Settings > Manage Companies and then select Add a Company to get started.
Before you begin
- Add your company information.
Begin by entering your address and tax ID numbers.
- Tell us where you collect and pay tax.
Enter the states, local jurisdictions, and countries where you're registered to collect and pay tax.
- Verify your jurisdictions and activate your company.
Double-check that we know everywhere you collect and pay tax. Confirm the tax types, effective date for each jurisdiction, and tax ID numbers.
- Add other company locations for location-based filing.
Add other locations if you need to file returns based on location reporting requirements.
- Set up your company profile for online marketplace transactions.
If you sell through an online marketplace such as Amazon, Etsy, or Ebay, learn how to add it to your company profile.