This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax Update
After you add details about a customer's exempt status, copy an exemption to create a new one.
- Find your exempt customer in the list and click View exemptions.
- Find the exemption in the list and click Details.
- Click Use this template to create a new one, or click Copy at the bottom of the page.
- This option is only available after an exemption has been stopped.
- Modify the exemption details, and then click Save.
- Expiration - When the exemption no longer applies to the customer.
- Blanket vs Single - Apply the exemption to all transactions, or only transactions with a specific invoice or PO number.
- Click Save.
A copy of the exemption is created and applies to AvaTax Update based on effective and expiration dates.