This article applies to:AvaTax
After you add details about a customer's exempt status, copy an exemption to create a new one.
Before you begin
You must stop applying an exemption before you can copy it.
- In AvaTax, select Exemptions.
The Customer Exemptions page opens.
- Find your exempt customer in the list and select View exemptions.
- Find the exemption in the list and select Details.
- Select Use This Template to create a new one, or select Copy at the bottom of the page.
- Modify the exemption details, and then select Save.
- Expiration - Set the date that the exemption no longer applies to the customer.
- Blanket vs Single - Apply the exemption to all transactions, or only to transactions with a specific invoice or PO number.
- Select Save.
A copy of the exemption is created and is applied based on the effective and expiration dates.