Exemption certificates with errors can't be synced with AvaTax and won't be applied to transactions. View the errors in AvaTax or download an error report so you can fix them in CertCapture.
- In AvaTax, go to Exemptions.
- An error message appears when you have exemptions that can't be synced. Click View your CertCapture sync errors.
- Note the Certificate ID and Customer Code or click Export this report to get a list of exemptions that couldn't be synced.
- Certificate ID, Customer Name, and Customer Code - Use these to find your exemption in CertCapture.
- API Error - Use this information to correct your exemption.
- In CertCapture, go to Search > Certificate Search. Use the information in Step 3 to search for your exemptions.
- In the list of search results, click a Certificate ID.
- Click Edit to change certificate details and correct any information that prevented a successful sync.
- Click Update Certificate to save.
CertCapture will resend the updated certificate information to AvaTax. Once successful, exemptions will be applied to transactions.