To keep your AvaTax Update account secure, it's a good idea to regularly change your password.
Change your password
- In AvaTax Update, click your profile name and select Change your password.
- Type your current password and a new password. To make your new password stronger, try including numbers, symbols, and a mix of uppercase and lowercase characters. The password strength bar turns green when your new password is strong enough.
- Click Save.
Your password must be at least eight characters long, and contain at least three of the following: an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a number, and a symbol.
Click to see an animated walkthrough
Forgot your password
If you don't remember your current password, reset it via email.
- In AvaTax Update, click your profile link and select Change your password. Then click the Forgot password? link.
- Type your user name or email address and click Request reset.
- Check the email address associated with your AvaTax Update account for an email with the subject line "Avalara account password reset." Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
- If you can't find the email in your inbox, check your spam filter or junk mail folder.