This article applies to:AvaTax
If there are missing transactions in Avalara, add them to make sure your transactions match what's in your business application.
- In Avalara, go to Transactions > Transactions and then select Add Transaction.
- Add and save your document details. The following fields are required at the document level:
- Document Code
The unique ID for the invoice, credit memo, or return.
- Document Type:
The kind of invoice the transaction is modeled after.
- Document Date
The transaction document's date.
- Customer/Vendor Code
The ID associated with a customer in your business application.
- Ship from Country and Ship to Country
The state or province of the transaction's origin and destination.
- Ship from Address and Ship to Address
An address, ZIP code, or Canadian postal code for the transaction's origin and destination.
When you're finished, select Save and Add Line Detail.
- Document Code
- Add line items, including a Total Amount for each one.
If necessary, each line item can have its own address information and special tax handling. If you're an SST seller:
- You must enter a street address, the item code, and the item description.
- If you haven't already completed tax code mapping in AvaTax, you must enter the tax code.
- If you have the status of Volunteer, you can't use custom codes or tax overrides.
- Select Calculate Tax to preview the tax before you save the transaction.
If you make any changes, select Calculate Tax to recalculate the tax after each change. The tax amounts are shown for each line item. To see additional information, including tax rates and jurisdictions, expand the tax detail for a line item. If you enter a tax override, Avalara ignores the tax calculation and displays the tax override amount.
- Select the transaction status: committed, uncommitted, or void.
Committed transactions are automatically included in Avalara reports. If you use Managed Returns, only committed transactions are filed. If you want to save the transaction for later reference but don't want it to appear in reports or returns, select Uncommitted.
- Select Save.
What's in a transaction?
Understanding transaction status