This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax Update
Add a customer to Exemptions to exempt that customer from sales tax. Alternatively, import customers and exemption details at the same time.
Before you begin
- In AvaTax Update, click Exemptions and then click Add an Exempt Customer.
- Enter your customer's information:
- Customer Name: Enter your customer's name as it appears on exemption documents.
- Customer Code: Enter a unique code to identify your customer. This code should match the customer code in your business application.
- Customer Type: Select your customer's industry. This is important for assigning entity use codes to your customer when you add exemption details.
- Customer Description: This field is only required when Customer Type is set to Other.
- Enter your customer's address and click Validate to verify the correct jurisdictions are applied.
- Click Save.
Your customer's profile is now recorded in Exemptions.