This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax Update
Add a customer to Exemptions to exempt that customer from sales tax. Alternatively, import customers and exemption details at the same time.
Before you begin
- In AvaTax, click Exemptions and then click Add an Exempt Customer.
- Enter your customer's information, and then click Save.
- Customer Name: Enter your customer's name as it appears on exemption documents.
- Customer Code: Enter a unique code to identify your customer. This code should match the customer code in your business application.
- Address: Your customer's address. Use Validate to verify the correct jurisdictions are applied.
- Click Save exempt customer.
- Add exemption details for the customer.
Your customer's profile is ready for exemption details.