Add a Safe Harbor Override to AFC Manager by overriding the Federal TAM in the EZtax.cfg file.
Before you begin
Open AFC Manager.
- In AFC Manager, go to Help > About AFC Manager.
Copy the path in "Application output directory".
- Close all running instances of AFC Manager for the logged-in user.
- Navigate to the "Application output directory" folder location using Windows Explorer.
- Edit EZTax.cfg in a text editor.
- Update or add a line for each type of safe harbor override needed. For example,
safeHarborVoipTamOverride orginalTAM=0.649, overrideTAM=0.239
For information about the Safe Harbor override options, see TM_00548_AFC_Configuration_Guide.
originalTAMto the default federal percentage in the form of decimal (64.9% is 0.649).
overrideTAMto the decimal value determined in the traffic study (23.9% is 0.239).
- Verify that there is a final carriage return at the end of the file.
- Save EZtax.cfg and close the file.
- Open AFC Viewer within AFC Manager and then close AFC Manager to validate the update.
A message is added to "Application output directory"\ezv.sta:
05/08/19 10:39:57 <Info>: Safe Harbor Overridden from 0.649000 to 0.239000 for VoIP.