This document applies to all license types. Content last updated 10/24/2016.
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients.
► A WalkMe tutorial is available for this topic.
The Message Center widget on the Home page is your primary source of late breaking information.
As you read messages, they'll be hidden from the widget but still in the Message Center
Type of messages
- Alerts about
- Issues that affect normal processing
- Other late breaking notices
- Reminders of scheduled releases
- Workflow messages
- Password expiration reminders and user account changes
The Message Center widget is included on the Home page as part of the system default dashboard. If you don't see the Message Center widget on the Home page, we strongly recommend that you add it to your custom dashboard.
- To view a new message in the Message Center widget, simply click it.
- Viewing a message will mark it as read and the default Message Center options will make this disappear from the Message Center widget. To view read messages:
- Click the Expand Grid button at the top of the Message Center widget.
- Click the Notifications icon. The number of new messages is the number next to the icon.
- Click Admin > Message Center from the menu.
that you've read using the Notifications icon or Admin > Message Center menu, both described below. The change this behavior, you will need to Copy the system default dashboard.