This document applies to all license types. Content last updated 12/1/2016.
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients.
► A WalkMe tutorial is available for this topic.
The Message Center replaces email as the primary source of communications from Customer Support because it is:
- Focused - you'll only receive message that are of interest to you
- Faster - messages are immediately available in your Message Center
- Secure - protected by the same high level of security as your transaction data
If you don't see the Message Center widget on the Home page, we strongly recommend that you add it. See Creating a Custom Dashboard for details.
Type of messages
- Release Notices for both scheduled releases and updates (as needed)
- Alerts about issues that affect normal processing
- Reminders of upcoming changes, such as state mandate changes
- Password expiration reminders and user account changes
- Workflow messages
The Message Center widget is included on the Home page as part of the system default dashboard.
- To view a new message in the Message Center widget, simply click it.
- Viewing a message will mark it as read and the default Message Center options will make this disappear from the Message Center widget. To view read messages:
- Click the Expand Grid button at the top of the Message Center widget.
- Click the Notifications icon. The number of new messages is the number next to the icon.
- Click Admin > Message Center from the menu.
that you've read using the Notifications icon or Admin > Message Center menu, both described below. The change this behavior, you will need to Copy the system default dashboard.