This site is only for Avalara customers licensed for Returns Excise, AvaTax Excise and Government.
Documentation of operation, usage and release dates is confidential and proprietary information of Avalara.
Content last updated: 2021-01-28
Hover over your username to see the menu with Profile, Change Password, Messages, Help and Sign Out.
The Help sub-menu has Avalara Support, Support Cases, Keyboard Shortcuts, User Guide, Walk Me, and About.
Enter your Current Password and click the Unlock Profile button to enable changes. Admin > User Profile from the main menu also shows this.
- First Name, Last Name, Title and Telephone
- Email Address
- Used to sent notices, such has upcoming password expiration. Be sure to update this if your email address changes.
- Time Zone
- Controls the time shown in the software, emails and messages.
- Guides you through specific tasks in Avalara Excise production. Advanced users may want to disable the WalkMe tutorial widget by checking this box.
- Schedule Query Wizard Drop Down Filter
- Choose the default filter type in the Schedule Query Wizard.
- Schedules Filter On
- The Schedule Transactions page will not have the Filter on by default. Checking this option enables the filter when the page is first selected.
- From the main menu, click Tax Filing > Transactions or
- From Tax Filing > Tax Sessions grid, click a session and then Schedule Transactions from the popup menu
The Schedule Transactions filters will still be cleared when changing between schedules and when changing tax sessions.
Security Questions tab
Add or delete a Question and Answer to reset your password. Make sure the answer is memorable, but not too easy.
Support Case Options tab
If your organization chose you as a Support Contact, see Support Cases Setup in Avalara Excise.
Enter your current password, new password, and confirm new password. Requirements are shown on the page. This is the same as Admin > Change Password from the main menu.
Shows your most recent messages, which can also be seen on the Home page and when you click the messages icon or unread messages number to the right of your username. From here you can click on one of the messages or click on the Message Center button to read all your messages. You can use all the normal grid controls like Columns and Filter. At the bottom of the grid, you can also Export and Mark All Read.
Takes you to the home page of this Avalara Help Center - Excise.
Takes you to Admin > Support Cases. If you have permission and were chosen as a Support Contact by your organization, you can view all the Support Cases created by your Support Contacts. Click Support in the orange banner above for details.
Shows a list of key combinations to move around in Avalara Excise.
Shows the most recent version of the Avalara Excise User Guide.
Shows the list of WalkMe tutorials you can run right from the Avalara Excise software.
Shows the master company key name, expiration date, products and allows you to run the Export License Information to list all available Returns Excise and AvaTax Excise options and has an X for licensed items.