This site is only for Avalara customers licensed for Returns Excise, AvaTax Excise and Government.
Documentation of operation, usage and release dates is confidential and proprietary information of Avalara.
Content last updated: 2022-03-22
Hover over your username to see the menu with My Profile, Change Password, Messages, Help and Sign Out. Admin > My Profile from the main menu also shows this.
The Help sub-menu has Avalara Support, Support Cases, Keyboard Shortcuts, User Guide and About.
My Profile tab
- First Name, Last Name, Title and Telephone
- The fields can be updated at your convenience. New users require First Name and Last Name. Title and Telephone are optional.
- Email Address
- Used to sent notices, such has upcoming password expiration. Be sure to update this if your email address changes.
- Time Zone
- Controls the time shown in the software, emails and messages.
- Schedule Query Wizard Drop Down Filter
- Choose the default filter type in the Schedule Query Wizard.
- Schedules Filter On
- The Schedule Transactions page will not have the Filter on by default. Checking this option enables the filter when the page is first selected.
- From the main menu, click Tax Filing > Transactions or
- From Tax Filing > Tax Sessions grid, click a session and then Schedule Transactions from the popup menu
The Schedule Transactions filters will still be cleared when changing between schedules and when changing tax sessions.
- Enable my User Name for Master Data Push
- Go to Using Master Data Push to learn about this option.
After making changes, click Update Profile. You'll be sent an email telling you that your user profile changed.
Support Case Options tab
If your organization chose you as a Support Contact, see Support Cases Setup in Avalara Excise.
Enter your current password, new password, and confirm new password. Requirements are shown on the page. This is the same as Admin > Change Password from the main menu.
Shows your most recent messages. They can also be seen:
- on the Home page
- when you click the messages icon or unread messages number in the upper right corner of any page
From there you can click on one of the messages or click on the Message Center button to read all your messages. All the normal grid controls (Columns and Filter) are available. At the bottom of the grid, you can also Export and Mark All Read.
Takes you to the home page of this Avalara Help Center - Excise.
Takes you to Admin > Support Cases. If you have permission and were chosen as a Support Contact by your organization, you can view all the Support Cases created by your Support Contacts. Click Support in the orange banner above for details.
Shows a list of key combinations to move around in Avalara Excise.
Shows the most recent version of the Avalara Excise User Guide.
Shows the master company key name, expiration date, products and allows you to run the Export License Information to list all available Returns Excise and AvaTax Excise options and has an X for licensed items.