This document applies to all license types. Last updated 13-Sep-2018.
Help Center documentation is confidential and proprietary to Avalara clients.
If you've ever wondered, "What's covered by Avalara's Excise Customer Support?", you've come to the right place.
Customer Support Services
Our friendly and well-trained Customer Support Specialists are available to answer questions and resolve issues from designated Support Contacts. Here are some examples:
- I generated a return and see warnings or errors - where are the details?
- How do I include only changes in an amended return?
Tip: This Help Center is packed full of great information. Try our search for the quickest possible answer - and don't miss out on these other sources of fast answers.
Updates to Software and Content
We have a team of tax professionals who keep abreast of tax laws, and apply the following of updates to Avalara Returns Excise and AvaTax Excise:
- Tax scenario updates
- Business profile data updates
- Content updates, including changes to rates
- Program feature updates and improvements
- eFile updates (Returns Excise & Government)
- Tax return updates (Returns Excise & Government)
- Keep Avalara Excise Support aware of changes to your Support Contacts. Support Contacts need to include the required information when creating a case.
- This ensures you get the fastest help possible.
- Any needed changes to the import data.
- These are most often caused by changes by a Jurisdiction or or in your business (e.g. new products).
- Updates to configuration and customizations that are specific to your business.
- Examples are: custom profiles, scenarios and data import mappers.
Updating customized work may require specialized skills, and our Professional Services team is available to help. Contact your Customer Account Manager to inquire about fees and work contracts.