This page is only for Avalara customers licensed for Returns Excise, AvaTax Excise and Government.
Documentation of operation, usage and release dates is confidential and proprietary information of Avalara.
Last revised: October 29, 2020
Each client identifies 2 Support Contacts who can register to submit and manage support cases on behalf of all their users.
Each support contact must be activated and enable a security token. These are one-time setup steps that ensure only authorized users can communicate tax information securely between your company and support.
Verify access with a security token
Your Avalara Excise support case security token is a unique set of characters generated specifically for the support contact requesting it. If a new support contact is added, they must follow the setup and request a token matched to their own profile.
- Log into the Avalara Excise Platform (Returns Excise & AvaTax Excise).
- From the menu, click Admin > User Profile in the upper right corner.
- Enter your Current Password and click Unlock Profile.
- If your business uses single signon for the Avalara software, you will see not Unlock Profile. Just continue to the next step.
- If needed, correct your Email Address and Time Zone, then click the Update Profile button. (This may take a minute to complete.)
- Click the Support Case Options tab.
- Click Send New Token.
Important: Do not sign out after requesting a new token or the verification will fail.
- You will see a message that a token is sent to the email address in the profile.
- Open the token email, copy and paste the token into the Token field and then click Verify Token.
- You will see a green message your email address has been verified. Support Case access is enabled.
If your email address changes
Simply repeat these steps and be sure to correct your email address.
Your first time or you just changed your email
Create a case now, with the Subject: Test Case, to verify everything before you need it.
Need a little help?
If you're a Support Contact, designated by your company, call 877-780-4848 and ask to be transferred to an available Excise Customer Support Specialist.