After you set up your company, it's time to assign VAT Codes. VAT Codes are assigned to companies in order to have an ID associated with the different types of transactions. It's important to take the time to create your VAT Codes for the tool to work faster and more efficiently when filing your VAT Returns and other reports.
- On the main panel, click Data > Reporting Combinations.
- At the bottom of the Reporting Combinations window, click New.
- In the Reporting Combination Wizard, complete the required fields for your VAT Code.
- As you complete the fields, the system generates transaction IDs. Click the one that best suits your transaction.
- At the top of the wizard, in the first line, type the number of the VAT code (transaction ID) you found in the wizard and click Add.
- Back in Reporting Combinations, click the VAT Code that you just added.
- In the Reporting Combination Details screen, check the details of your VAT Code, make any necessary changes and then click Save.
- You've just finished adding your first VAT Code into the system. If you need to assign additional VAT Codes, just repeat these steps for each code.
After you set up your VAT Codes, it's time to import your invoices to VAT Reporting.