Calculate sales tax on a customer invoice in Workday.
Calculate tax on an invoice
Sign in to Workday.
- In the Search box, type Create Customer Invoice, and then click Create Customers Invoice.
- On the Blank Invoice page, enter the invoice details:
- Enter the Company Name and the Customer Name.
- Select the appropriate Sales Item for calculating tax.
- Click Submit.
- You receive a notification after the invoice is submitted successfully. Click the Notification link to refresh the invoice details.
- The Invoice displays the Overall Status of the integration and the Tax Amount for this invoice.
Calculate relative tax (Tax on Tax)
This section explains how to use AvaTax to calculate relative tax (i.e. Tax on Tax) for a customer invoice with the following conditions:
- The Ship-to country is India
- The Item Type is Service
- Sign in to Workday.
- In the Search box, type Create Customer Invoice, and then click Create Customer Invoice.
- In the Create Customer invoice window, enter the Company, Customer, and other required details:
- On the Invoice lines tab, add details for a new line item. Click + to add more line items. In AvaTax for Workday, for an item, you can add 4 tax detail fields at a time.
- Select a Sales Item from the list. To ensure that the item type is Service, click the selected Sales Item Name and confirm the Sales Item Identifier value with respective service codes.
- Ensure that header-level Ship-to address or the line-level Ship-to address is located in India.
- Click Submit .
- You receive a notification after the invoice is successfully submitted. Click the Notification link to refresh the invoice details and to view the tax details.
- On the Invoice Lines tab, click ... to view additional data for this invoice.
In the Customer invoice line, click Additional data > View All to view all the tax details.