For a transaction, the vendor calculated VAT details can be verified against the VAT calculated in AvaTax. AvaTax doesn't update the VAT details in the transaction.
Configure Input VAT
To configure Input VAT for transactions to AvaTax, follow these steps:
- In Salesforce, go to Avalara. Select Avalara Account Name.
- On the Avalara Account page, in Avalara Credentials section, type your Admin Console Account ID and License Key.
- In the Tax Calculation Settings, enable Enable AvaTax tax calculation, Save transactions as a Commit on AvaTax, and Save transactions as a UnCommit on AvaTax.
Input VAT verification
The Input VAT amount can be calculated using AvaTax for Salesforce. On request, i.e. when you click the Calculate Sales Tax button, AvaTax calculates the VAT on the transaction amount.
- In AvaTax for Salesforce go to Opportunity and click New to create a new opportunity. Add mandatory details and click Save.
- Most of the field details are populated automatically. Type the VAT No and select the product.
- For uncommitted transactions , click Calculate Sales Tax. For committed transactions, click Finalize Opportunity.