To upgrade to the latest version of AvaTax for Sage 50, you need to:
- Find the current installed version
- Check the Admin Console Download section for the latest version details of this integration
- If the installed version matches with the version in the Admin Console, then you have the latest version installed in your integration
- If the Admin Console has a later version, then you need to upgrade your installation. The release guide list the updates/enhancements made in the latest release.
- Download the latest version from the Admin Console.
Find your current installed version number
To locate your version number, follow these steps:
- Click Configuration
- On the About AvaTax tab, your connector version number is listed in the Connector Version field.
- Click OK.
Check and download the latest version
To connect your accounting software to AvaTax, download your integration software.
- In AvaTax, on the Home tab, click Get Started.
- In the Download and Install Your Integration Software section, click Download Software.
- In the Download Your AvaTax Connector Software window, click the arrow next to the name of your software, and then download the latest version of your integration. If the file isn't available for download, clear your browser's cache, and log back into AvaTax.
- Save the .zip file somewhere on your computer that's easy to find.
- Right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
Upgrade to the latest version
Before you install the latest version of AvaTax for Sage 50, we recommend attempting the upgrade in a test environment before upgrading your production environment and uninstalling the current version.
To upgrade, follow these steps:
- Right-click the downloaded zip file and extract the installation folder or file to somewhere that's easy to find.
- Run the installer. If you have an existing installation, the installer confirms whether you want to upgrade your existing version. Click Yes to continue.
- After the installation is complete, to confirm that the upgrade is successful, follow these steps:
- Log into Sage 50.
- In the AvaTax for Sage 50 dialog box, at the upper left, click Configuration.
- On the Connection tab, click Test Connections. The Succeeded message indicates a successful connection.
- On the About AvaTax tab, verify the version details.