Learn how toto ensure you are calculating sales tax correctly. Before you validate addresses, ensure that the Disable Address Validation option in the AvaTax Setup > AvaTax Options > Address Validation tab is disabled.
Validate customer address
To validate your customer's address, follow these steps:
- In Sage 300, go to Accounts Receivable > A/R Customers, click Customers.
- In the A/R Customers window, do either of the following:
- At the top left, in the Customer Number field, select a customer by name or number, and change any details for that customer.
- In the form fields below, type details for a new customer.
- Click Add for new customer address or click Save to update an existing customer address.
- If the address is valid, the validated address is automatically updated in the address fields.
- If the address is not valid, the following error message is shown. Update the address and click Add or Save again.
Validate ship-to address
To validate a ship-to address, follow these steps:
- In Sage 300, go to Accounts Receivable > A/R Customers, click Ship-To Locations.
- In the A/R Ship-To Locations window, select a customer by name or number. To add a new ship-to location, click New. To change the details for an existing ship-to address, select an existing row and click Open.
- Click Add for new ship-to address or click Save to update an existing ship-to address.
Validate multiple addresses
The AvaTax Address Batch utility lets you validate many customer addresses and locations at the same time. To use this utility, follow these steps:
- In the Sage Sales Tax Powered by Avalara folder, click AvaTax Address Validation.
- Next to Content Type, click either of the following:
- Customer to validate customer addresses.
- Location to validate warehouse addresses. To use this option, ensure that the Inventory Control module is active in Sage 300.
- Next to From Customer Number and To Customer Number, select a range of customers whose addresses you want to validate. If you leave this blank, AvaTax validates all of your customers' addresses.
- Next to Country, select a country in which to validate customer or location addresses.
- Next to From State and To State, select a range of states in which to validate customer or location addresses.
- At the bottom, click Validate, and then click Close.