Quicklyat once in order to ensure that the address is formatted correctly for AvaTax to calculate tax accurately. Validate a variety of addresses: your company's addresses, your customers' addresses, and your vendors' addresses.
At this time, AvaTax only validates addresses in the United States and Canada.
If you want to enable address validation, ensure that the Enable Address Validation is set to True in AvaTax Configuration > Integration options > Enable Address Validation.
To validate the address of any customer, follow these steps:
- On the QuickBooks Online menu, click Customers.
- In the Customer Center, in the upper right, click New Customer.
- In the Customer Information window, type the customer's address. The address below, for example, is missing a street designation (St, Blvd, Dr, or Ln, etc.) and a ZIP code. If the billing address and the shipping address are the same, then select the Same as billing address option.
- To save and validate the address, click Save. The status is updated in the Notes tab. If a validation is unsuccessful, then a status email is sent to the registered user.
- If you added the billing address and selected the Same as billing address option, then the validated address is saved in the shipping address fields.
- If you have added the billing address and did not select the Same as billing address option, then the validated address is saved in the billing address fields.
- If you have added the shipping address and did not select the Same as billing address option, then the validated address is saved in the shipping address fields.
- On the QuickBooks Online menu, click Customers, and double-click the customer whose data you just saved. AvaTax for QuickBooks Online automatically validates the address that you entered and corrects it if it's wrong.