It's easy to calculate an item price that totals an exact price + tax in AvaTax for NetSuite. For example, if you want the price of an item with tax to be exactly $500, simply enable Tax Included, and AvaTax calculates the tax and changes the item price to add up to a total of $500. Once you enable this feature, just click a checkbox for it on every transaction.
Use the tax-included capability
To configure AvaTax for NetSuite to show an item price with tax included, follow these steps:
- In the NetSuite toolbar, go to Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara.
- In the Avalara Configuration, go to Tax Calculation tab.
- Click Tax Included Capability, and then click Save.
- To display an item price with tax included, on the Items tab, click Tax Included and then click Save.
You may notice the following behavior if you've enabled Tax Included option:
- A Header-level discount percentage to a transaction can be added only before you save the transaction.
- For saved or existing transactions, if you try to apply the header-level discount, the sales tax amount may not be calculated correctly.
- To display the shipping and handling charges with tax included, on the Shipping tab, click Shipping Tax Included, and then click Save.