This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Update sales tax groups in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 to ensure that AvaTax is calculating sales tax for selected customers.
Update the sales tax group
To update the sales tax group, determine the customer that you want to update and perform the following:
- To open the Customer Master, click Accounts Receivables > Common Forms > Customers > Choose Customer > Invoice and Delivery section.
- Locate the Sales Tax Group drop -down menu.
- Click the down arrow and choose one of the following options. The AvaTax tax schedules control how the Origin and Destination addresses are used for tax calculation.
- The AVATAX schedule sets the Origin address to be either your company address or the warehouse address. If you select this option, the service determines whether the sourcing is from the Destination or the Origin Address.
- For the AVATAX-POD (Point of Destination) schedule, tax calculation is based on the Destination address.
- For the AVATAX-POS (Point of Sale) schedule, the tax calculation is based on the Origin address.