Quicklyat once in order to ensure that the address is formatted correctly for AvaTax to calculate tax accurately. Validate a variety of addresses: your company's addresses, your customers' addresses, and your vendors' addresses.
At this time, AvaTax only validates addresses in the United States and Canada.
Before you start validating addresses, go to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 > AvaTax > Setup > AvaTax Setup Assistant > Enable Address Validation for USA and Canada and ensure that:
- Disable Address Validation option isn't selected
- United States of America is selected as Mapped country code
Validate an address
To validate an address on a customer card, determine the customer that you want to update and perform the following updates:
- Open Customer Card Accounts Receivables > Common Forms > Customers > Choose Customer > Address section.
- Locate the address you want to validate, click Add or Edit to add/edit an address.
- In the Add or Edit Address window, click Address Validation.
- The Address Validation dialog opens with the input address. To validate the input address, click Validate the address. To accept the new address and write it back to the database or update the address, click Accept the Address. If the address does not validate, an error message opens, describing why it failed validation.
- Click Close.
Validate many addresses
To validate many addresses at a time with the Batch Address Validation utility, follow these steps:
- Go to AvaTax > Utilities > Batch Address Validation.
- In the Batch Address Validation window, select the criteria and it's range of addresses based on the following criteria:
- Click Ok.
- In the Batch Address Validation window, select Mark All to select multiple addresses at a time.
- Click Batch.
- In the Batch Address Validation window, the table shows the status of the addresses that were validated.
- Click Close.