This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for Magento 1
Learn how to charge sales tax on an item in AvaTax for Magento 1. For these steps, the item is a gift card.
Calculate sales tax
- On the Catalog menu, then click Manage Products.
- In the top right corner, click Add Product.
- In the New Product dialog box, in the Attribute Set list, select Default.
- In the New Product dialog box, in the Product Type list, select Gift Card and then click Continue.
- On the left, click General and in the Name box, type a name for the product.
- In the SKU box, type the SKU for the product.
- On the left, click Prices and in the Amount box, type the amount and then click Add Amount.
- On the left, click Description and in the Description and Short Description boxes, type a description.
- On the left, click Inventory and in the Qty box, type the quantity.
- Click Save.
- Log into the Admin Console and click the Organization tab.
- Click the Items icon next to your company.
- Click New.
- In the New Item dialog box, complete the following fields:
- Click Save. The item is now in the list of items on the Admin Console.