Quicklyat once to ensure the address is formatted correctly for AvaTax to calculate tax accurately.
Validate an address
Before you start validating addresses, ensure the Enable Address Validation option in the Add-ons > Manage Add-ons > Add-ons List > AvaTax Tax Calculation > Settings: AvaTax Tax Calculation pane is enabled.
To quickly validate an address, follow these steps:
- In the CS-Cart Aministration panel, go to Customers > Users.
- Select the account for which you want to validate the address.
- On the Customer page, add the address and click Validate Address.
- If both the addresses (original address and the validated address) match, no action is required.
- If the original address and the validated address do not match, copy the validated address and replace the original address with it.
- If the address details are insufficient for validation, the "Insufficient address information"error message is displayed. Add additional address details and validate again.
- If the address details are incorrect, the "Unable to validate the address"error message is displayed. Type the correct address and validate again.
- If the address details contain an incorrect or invalid zip / postal code, the "Invalid Zip / Postal Code"error message is displayed. Type the correct zip / postal code and validate again.