After you activate AvaTax and set up your company profile, install and configure AvaTax for your accounting software. During configuration, customize your setup to fit your unique business needs for things like:
- Tax calculation settings for various tax types
- Exemption settings if you have exempt customers
- Product taxability settings
Alter these settings when your business needs change.
To connect your accounting software to AvaTax, download your integration software.
- In AvaTax, on the Home tab, click Get Started.
- In the Download and Install Your Integration Software section, click Download Software.
- In the Download Your AvaTax Connector Software window, click the arrow next to the name of your software, and then download the latest version of your integration. If the file isn't available for download, clear your browser's cache, and log back into AvaTax.
- Save the .zip file somewhere on your computer that's easy to find.
- Right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
To install AvaTax for CS-Cart:
- Use FTP to upload all files and folders from the AvaTax for CS-Cart zip file to the root folder of your CS-Cart store.
- Complete the code changes detailed in the code change document available in the downloaded AvaTax for CS-Cart zip file.
- In the CS-Cart Administration section, on the Add-ons menu, click Manage Add-ons.
- To the right of Avalara AvaTax, click Install.
- On the CS-Cart toolbar, on the Add-ons menu, click Manage Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons pane, to the right of Avalara AvaTax, click the Settings icon.
- On the Accounts Settings page, fill in the following:
- Account ID
- License Key
Use the credentials provided by Avalara Service URL Make a selection based on your account type
- Next to Make a test call to the AvaTax, click Test connection. On successful verification, a list of associated company names populates in the Company Name field.
- Fill in the remaining required fields, including:
Field Action Company Name Select the correct name. The associated code displays in Company Code. Save Transaction to AvaTax Select Yes. Enable AvaTax address validation Select Yes. Enable AvaTax tax calculation Optional: Select Yes to enable tax calculation. Send UPC code to AvaTax Optional: Select Yes to send the UPC to AvaTax instead of the product code. Enable Log Optional: Select Yes to start generating Avalara logs in the ..\app\addons\avatax_tax_calculation\ava-logs folder.
Ava-Connect-Log-dd-mm-yyyy.txt (eg. Ava-Connect-Log-27-08-2015.txt) is the integration response log.