Compliance documents such as exemption certificates should be accurate and up-to-date. It's good practice to keep historical documents on file to ensure you're prepared for an audit, but documents uploaded in error can be deleted. Learn how to delete multiple documents in CertCapture if they are invalid or were uploaded in error.
Deleting a document from CertCapture removes the certificate ID and all information associated with it, including the effective and expiration dates, exempt reason, and the document image.
Before you begin
- In CertCapture, search for the documents that you want to delete.
- On the search results page, select Perform Action on Results and then select Bulk Delete Certificates.
The Bulk Certificate Deletion message appears.
- Select the check box to acknowledge that you want to delete the documents.
- Type the word DELETE into the text box.
- Select Delete Certificates.
The documents are added to a queue to be deleted. You'll receive an email with additional details if any of the documents can't be deleted.