Create a CertExpress Public URL and send it to customers or add it to your website. The URL is a secure landing page for customers to create or import exemption certificates on demand instead of waiting for someone to send them a formal document request.
Certificates added in CertExpress Public are uploaded to your CertCapture company, where you can validate and assign them to customers.
Enable CertExpress Public
This feature must be enabled by an account admin. If you're an admin and still don't see the setting below, send an email to Avalara Support.
- Go to Settings > Company Settings > Company Details.
- Click the Company Settings tab, click Edit, and then enable the CertExpress Public setting.
Get a Public CertExpress Link
- Go to Settings > Company Settings > CertExpress Public
- Copy and paste the URL at the top of the page (beginning with https://app.certexpress.com/?...)
- Add this URL to an email template, your website, or send it directly to customers.
Import multiple documents in CertExpress Public
By default, customers can only create a new document based on their state and exempt reason. Enable the import setting so customers can upload multiple files at once.
Enable Imports in Public CertExpress
- Go to Settings > Company Settings > CertExpress and click the CertExpress tab.
- Click Edit CertExpress Settings and then enable Allow imports on CertExpress Public.
- Click Update to save your changes.
Import Multiple Files
- On the CertExpress Public landing page, click Import Exemption Certificates.
- Drag and drop files into the upload field, or click Browse Instead to select them on your computer.
- Selected files are listed below the upload field. Click Import to start the upload.
- Imported files are processed and sent to the validation menu so you can associate them with customer records. If a file in your import can't be processed, the entire upload fails.
- Status - Processing: Files have been added to CertCapture, but CertCapture still needs to add it to the right company in CertCapture
- Status - Complete: Files have been processed and added to the correct company in CertCapture
- Status - Failed: A file in the import batch couldn't be verified or added to a company in CertCapture
- Status - Not Processed: Files weren't processed because one file failed
- Return to the landing page to review previous imports.
What does my customer see when they use my URL?
The CertExpress Public URL leads to a CertExpress landing page featuring your company logo and company name.
Adjust your company logo in Company Settings.
Enable the Import button in Company Settings > CertExpress Settings.
|CertExpress asks for your customer's state or region and their exempt reason so that it can display the correct document.|
|CertExpress presents the required fields for the document your customer needs.|
|CertExpress requests a signature and applies it to the document.|
|Customers view, download, or share the finished document after it processes.|