For companies that work with many vendors, consultants, or independent contractors, Avalara CertCapture automates the collection and validation of federal withholding documents. CertCapture allows you to easily manage W-8, W-9 and W-8BEN-E forms, so you can be confident you are collecting all of the required information from vendors to be compliant with the IRS.
Before you begin
Contact your account manager to discuss pricing. After you purchase this add-on, Avalara enables federal withholding document collection in your CertCapture account.
Before you begin setting up CertCapture, gather these things:
- CertCapture account login and password
- A list of your contract workers, consultants, or vendors from whom you need to collect federal withholding documents. You likely need to export this list from your accounting software.
- Copies of your vendors' compliance documents. CertCapture can store current and historic documents, so gather all documents you'd like to associate with one of your vendors.
- Log into your account software and be prepared to copy this information about your business:
- Legal company name
- Addresses for all your locations
- Contact information for your CertCapture account's primary point of contact
- For the best experience using CertCapture, make sure your Internet browser meets the minimum requirements
- Internet Explorer: IE 10 or IE 11
- Chrome: Latest version
- Firefox: Latest version
- Safari: Latest version
- Microsoft Edge: Latest version
- Set up your company in CertCapture.
Before you start using CertCapture, you’ll need to set up your company profile so it matches how you do business. If other team members will be helping you use CertCapture, create user accounts for each of them.
- Add your vendors.
Add your vendors, contract workers, and consultants individually, or use import templates to add multiple vendors to CertCapture.
- Upload and validate your compliance documents.
Add any compliance documents you have on file and match them to the vendors you've added.
- Keep CertCapture up to date.
Run reports to find vendors with documents that are missing, expired, or invalid. Learn how to use CertCapture to request missing documents from your vendors.