CertCapture sends exemption certificate data to AvaTax via an API call. These API calls are initiated automatically when you make changes to a certificate, but you can also manually trigger a new API call if you find that a certificate is not syncing to AvaTax.
- In CertCapture, search for the certificates.
Initiating API calls for multiple certificates creates a queue of certificates to resend, which can take some time to complete. To prevent delays, adjust your search criteria to only include certificates that have API errors:
- On the Certificate Search page, select Advanced.
- Set the Has API Error? option to Yes.
- Select Get Search Results.
- On the search results page, select the Perform Action on Results menu.
- Select Bulk API Resend.
- In the message box that appears, select the checkbox acknowledging that you want to send API calls for the selected certificates.
- Select Resend Certificates.
CertCapture sends the documents to AvaTax via API calls. A queue of API calls ic created, and it can take several minutes for the calls to be completed. When they complete you can see the API call results on the History tab of each certificate.