CertCapture sends exemption certificate data to AvaTax via an API call. These API calls are initiated automatically when you make changes to a certificate, but you can also manually trigger a new API call if you find that a certificate is not syncing to AvaTax.
- In CertCapture, search for the certificates.
Initiating API calls for multiple certificates creates a queue of certificates to resend, which can take some time to complete. To prevent delays, adjust your search criteria to only include certificates that have API errors:
- On the Certificate Search page, select Advanced.
- Set the Has API Error? option to Yes.
- Select Get Search Results.
- On the search results page, select the Perform Action on Results menu.
- Select Bulk API Resend.
- In the message box that appears, select the checkbox acknowledging that you want to send API calls for the selected certificates.
- Select Resend Certificates.
CertCapture will work through the queue of API calls, and when they complete you can see the API call results on the History tab of each certificate.