Use the CertCapture REST API to develop a custom integration and automate interactions with the CertCapture system. Learn how to configure an API username and password for authenticating your API calls.
Before you begin
Review the CertCapture REST API documentation:
- CertCapture REST Homepage - Start here!
- CertCapture REST API FAQ - Check here if you run into trouble.
If you want a create a username that will only be used for API credentials:
- On any page in CertCapture, select your User Name in the upper right and then select My Profile.
The My Profile page opens.
- Select the REST API Access tab.
If you don't see this tab, submit a support case to request to have API access enabled for your company.
- Enter and confirm a new password for these API credentials. The API username is set by default.
- The API password never expires.
- API usernames are case-sensitive. Avalara recommends the use of a lower case username.
- Select Update API Account to save your changes.
This username and password combination can now be used to authenticate your API calls. Your standard CertCapture password must be changed every 90 days, but your REST API password never expires. Return to this tab and repeat Steps 3-4 if you need to reset the API password.