Create a campaign in CertCapture to request compliance documents from many customers at once via email, letter, or fax. Campaigns can only be created from a customer search.
Before you begin
Make sure that you have added the states as shipping regions for the customers you want to include in the campaign. States that aren't added as a customer's shipping region are not included in campaigns.
Campaign titles can't be changed after creation.
The first step of any campaign is searching for the customers you want to message.
- In CertCapture, search for the customers that you'd like to include in your campaign.
- Select the Perform Action On Results drop-down and select New Campaign.
If you don't see the New Campaign option, make sure you've selected a specific company from the drop-down menu below the CertCapture logo. The New Campaign option is not available if you're currently in a company grouping.
- Enter a Campaign Title, and then adjust your campaign settings.
Use this table as a guide.
- Select Exempt Reasons.
- Select Prepare Exemption Certificate Campaign.
- On the Round 1 tab, adjust the settings as needed.
Use this table as a guide.
- Select Save Campaign Changes.
- From Select Customers, review the customers that will be included in the campaign.
- Customers with checkmarks by their names are included in the campaign.
- Uncheck a customer to remove them from the campaign round.
- From Preview, select Cover Letter Preview or Email Content to review the message that will be sent to recipients.
- To add another round to your campaign and customize it, select the + next to the Round 1 tab, and then repeat steps 6 and 7. For example, create an email campaign for the first round, and then follow that with a mailing campaign several weeks later.
- Select Save Campaign Changes.
- To initiate your request campaign, select one of the following:
- Print, and then select Create Printable File to create a printable file of the campaign documents.
- Send Emails, and then select Send Certificate Requests to send the campaign email to the email address on file for each customer.
- Send Faxes, and then select Send Certificate Requests to send the campaign letters using the fax number on file for each customer.
Return to the Campaign Overview tab when you want to:
- Check your campaign status.
- View campaign recipients and the exposures they are responsible for.
- Add or remove customers from the campaign using the checkbox beside their name.
- Export a .csv file with campaign information.
- Close the campaign.
Campaign setting guidelines
|Include Customers Already in Another Campaign||Include customers who are part of an existing campaign. CertCapture sends a document request to a customer even if that customer received a request in another campaign.|
|Omit Customers Already in Another Campaign||Exclude any customers who are part of an existing campaign. CertCapture won't send an additional request to those customers.|
|Missing Certificate Exposures||Generate requests for exposure zones in which customers are missing certificates.|
|Invalid Certificate Exposures||Generate requests for exposure zones in which customers have invalid certificates.|
|Expired Certificate Exposures||Generate requests for exposure zones in which customers have expired certificates|
|Include Soon To Expire Exposures||Generate requests for certificates that are currently valid but will expire within a specified number of days|
|Taxable Exposures||Generate requests for customers who are classified as taxable or who have a taxable certificate|
|Override (Send to All Customers from Search)||Generate requests for customers even if they have a valid certificate on file|
|Billing Customers||Include all billing customers in the campaign. This is the most common selection.|
|Shipping Customers||Include all shipping customers in the campaign|
|Only Exposures from Search||
Only include customers in the exposure zones chosen in your search filter. Use this to create campaigns exclusively for customers in specific states or exposure zones. This option also includes customers with missing documents.
This option is not available if you don't filter for an exposure zone in your search settings.
|Exclude Same-As Relationships||Exclude customers in a same-as relationship with other customers already included in the campaign so that you don’t generate duplicate requests|
|Expand Bill-to-Ship Addresses||Show the bill-to address and any associated ship-to addresses in the cover letter. See this guide for examples.|
Campaign round setting guidelines
|Send Date||Specify the date when you expect to send the requests. This date merges into the cover letter if you use the correct tag in the cover letter template.|
|Requested Return Date||
Date the document is due back from your customer.
|Generate Date||Specify the date you want CertCapture to generate the request files. This field defaults to the day prior to the send date.|
This specifies how you send the request for certificates to customers.
If you choose Postal Mail, you print a PDF to send to customers by postal mail. Contact your Account Manager to add Managed Services to your account and have Avalara mail the requests for you via USPS.
|Email Template / Cover Letter||
Select the cover letter you want to use for this request campaign.
|Cover Letters Only||
Select to generate only cover letters, without attaching copies of the exemption certificate templates.
|Include Most Recent Invalid||Select to include a copy of the most recent invalid certificate you have from each customer with the requests.|
|Include CertExpress access||Select to send an invitation to customers to use the online form submission tool to create documents.|
|Automatically Send Round||
Select to automatically send the request campaign on the send date you entered.
If you don't select this option, use the Send Emails section to send the campaign.
|Notes||Add notes about the request campaign. Your customers don't see these notes.|