Edit company details and view CertCapture settings.
If your account has multiple companies, select a company from the Company drop-down in the upper right before you change anything.
Click Settings > Company Settings > Company Details. Click Edit to modify the settings within each tab.
Company Info tab - Logo, AvaTax IDs, contact information, general preferences
Company Settings tab - Certificate preferences
Retail Settings tab - CertCapture for Retail processing preferences
CertExpress Settings tab - Preferences for receiving certificates with CertExpress
Retail Purchaser Settings tab - Information required from CertCapture for Retail customers
CertCapture for eCommerce tab - For installing the CertCapture for eCommerce
Company Info tab: Logo, AvaTax IDs, contact information, general preferences
- Company Logo: Upload an image to represent your organization
- AvaTax Account ID: The Account ID of the associated AvaTax account. Only present after you link your CertCapture and AvaTax accounts
- AvaTax Company ID: The Company ID of the associated AvaTax account. Only present after you link your CertCapture and AvaTax accounts
- Name: Name of the sub-entity that appears in the top right corner of the page. Does not have to match the Legal Name of the entity
- Legal Name: The legal name of the entity. Legal name is used to populate fields for W-8/W-9 forms
- Address (including City, State, Country, & Zip): Address associated with the sub-entity. This address is used as a contact address, return address, and response address throughout the application
- FEIN: The Federal Employer Identification Number for the active sub-entity
- Phone: The customer point of contact, and the Support By Phone number that displays at the bottom of the online submission tool
- Fax: This field is not open for editing. Your company’s fax number was created by CertCapture and assigned to your company for inbound faxes. Faxes go directly to your Stacks in Data Entry
- Corporate Emails: The Support By Email address at the bottom of the online submission tool contains the corporate email address. This field is also used to populate the FROM_EMAIL template tag if used in a request cover letter. To designate the From address on outbound CertCapture messages, click the Username in the upper-right corner of CertCapture, and then select My Profile > My Preferences > Email Preferences > Customer Emails
- Notification Emails: CertCapture sends notification emails to this email address
- Account Lead: This field isn't open for editing. This is the Avalara employee assigned to the account
- Equipment Description: Brief description of the business activity of the sub-entity. Depending on the form type, this field may populate the Description of Business activity section of the form
- Default Bucket: Buckets are headers that organize incoming certificates. The default is External
- Generated Customer Number Prefix: When you generate a customer, it adds the prefix specified here to the customer number
- Type-ahead Minimum Search Length: Auto-searches won't initiate until a minimum character count is typed into the search box
- Affidavit Expiration: The duration of temporary exempt status for customer records with active affidavit forms
Company Settings tab: Certificate preferences
- Require Tax IDs in Data Entry: You must enter a Tax ID when adding data to an exemption certificate
- Use Document Percentages: Tracks certificates that exempt only a percentage of a tax rate
- Use Barcodes: Applies a unique barcode stamp to the bottom of newly created compliance forms
- Apply Customer Exposure Zones Only: Removes any exposure zones not associated with the customer account when adding information to an exemption certificate. Helps avoid accidentally applying incorrect states to a customer.
- Use Exposure Zone Description: The name of the exposure zone is replaced with a description of the exposure. This is helpful when working with exposure zones with generic or uninformative names.
- Set Default Requested Return Date: Allows the use of a future date as the default Requested Return Date for campaigns. Turning this on helps standardize the duration of a campaign.
- Populate Customer Email in Validate Documents: When validating a document, your customer's email address is automatically added to the Validation Fax / Email Updates field.
[These settings can only be seen or changed by Avalara employees:
Trickle Up Ship To Documents: Documents assigned at the ShipTo level are applied to the BillTo level
Allow Jobs: Adds the ability to search by Job Number or Job Name using Quick Search
Use Managed Services: Avalara contact information appears in the online submission tool. When disabled, the customer's corporate email and phone are used instead
Collect SST: The customer is designated as an SST customer and SST forms are available as a Certificate Template. Enabled by default
Require SST: SST forms are the only accepted certificate type in the online submission tool and campaigns. Collect SST must be enabled for this feature to work. When validating documents, SST Information is required. Enabled by default
Hide Title Field: The Title field appears in the online submission tool in the Please Provide Your Contact Information section
Use Locations: Features driven by location (such as CertExpress Public, Retail Module, Buckets, and Requests) are available
Use Location Addresses: Uses location address instead of company address within Requests, Campaigns, and the Retail Module
Allow Requesters to set Location: Enables the Location drop-down in the Single Request menu
Remove Non-Nexus Exposure Zones in Data Entry: Removes any exposure zones that are not present in the company's nexus when adding information to an exemption certificate.
API Access: Grants access to the REST API
Auto Update Default Matrix: Automatically updates the exemption matrix whenever defaults are updated
-End of internal-only settings
Retail Settings tab: CertCapture for Retail processing preferences
- Show Pending Certs: Status appears as Pending if a customer's document is waiting to be processed in data entry
- Show Customers Without Certs: Customers missing documents appear in searches in CertCapture for Retail
- Submit to Data Entry: Submitted certificates appear in data entry. When disabled, certificates are automatically deemed valid upon submission
- Append Barcode: A barcode is stamped at the bottom of all certificates created in CertCapture for Retail
- Append Certificate ID: A certificate ID is stamped at the bottom of all certificates created in CertCapture for Retail
- Disable Upload: Disables document upload for CertCapture for Retail
- Print/Preview Document: Customers can print and Preview documents
CertExpress Settings tab: Preferences for receiving certificates with CertExpress
- Days to Allow Account Access to CertExpress: The number of days CertExpress access is available to customers responding to your document requests
- Edit Purchaser Information: Allow customers to edit the Please Provide Your Contact Information field in CertCapture
- Submit to Stack: When a certificate is submitted by a customer, it appears in the Validate Documents page. When disabled, certificates are validated and attached to the customer without requiring validation
- Upload Document Only: Disables CertExpress's guided document completion. Certificates must be uploaded as a PDF file
- Disable Upload from Fillable Forms: Disables the ability to upload a file when responding to a request in CertExpress. The default value of this setting is yes. Set it to no to restore the Import a copy of your document button to the CertExpress workflow so recipients can upload a file instead of guided form completion.
- Purge Customer Data on Completion: When a user completes a form via CertExpress, the data they enter is temporarily stored so that they don't have to refill fields if they come back to make changes. Enable this setting if you don't want to store that temporary data.
- Print/Preview Document: Allow users to Print and Preview documents.
- Customer List: A list of Bill To and Ship To customers is added to PDFs created online.
- Email Dialog: A dialog box with email information appears in the online form submission tool
- Fax Dialog: A dialog box with fax information appears in the online form submission tool
- Allow Document Upload: Customers can upload a PDF on the main form submission menu
- Hide Signature: Disables the customer's ability to sign a certificate using the mouse
- Send Document Completion Client Notifications: CertCapture sends an email to the customer to confirm receipt of a document
- Disable Customer Adding Any Form: Disables the customer's ability to choose additional documents to for submission
- Append Barcode: A barcode is added to the document
- Allow Imports on CertExpress Public: Allow customers to import multiple certificates at once using your CertExpress Public URL.
Retail Purchaser Settings tab: Information required from CertCapture for Retail customers
Specify the fields that your customers are required to enter as they upload certificates, and designate optional fields.
CertCapture for eCommerce tab:
- You'll use this tab when installing CertCapture for eCommerce.