This article applies to:Avalara CertCapture
Exemption Certificate TC-721
- Name of purchaser, including street address, city and state.
- Signature of purchaser.
- Name of seller
- At least one selection for reason with additional information needed also filled in.
- Even though the form is 2 pages, only the first page is required to be presented.
- Government agencies are exempt, but should complete form TC-721G
- Tribal purchases are exempt if a tribal card is presented or delivered on tribal lands.
- Exemptions are based on Utah code 59-12-104
- Utah accepts the MTC form with no restrictions
- Utah is not a full member of SST, but has adopted some of the laws. Utah will accept the SST form, as it provides the same information as their exemption certificate.
- You can find these forms in the certificate library.