This article applies to:Avalara AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop
Read the release notes to learn about the latest changes, improvements, and fixes to AvaTax Update for QuickBooks Desktop. For more detailed information, see the AvaTax Update for QuickBooks Desktop guide.
January 30, 2017
- Avalara release 1.00.83.01
- A progress bar is displayed when updating customer tax or loading customer data
- Fixed the "AvalaraEventCallBack.exe has stopped working" error while trying to run the AvaTax Update for QuickBooks Desktop Setup Assistant
- Fixed the issue with the Test Connection in AvaTax Configuration
- Fixed the issue where, in multi-user mode, a shared QuickBooks Online company file was inaccessible if another user had already opened the same
December 8, 2015
- Avalara release 1.00.75.01
- Fixed the "CB-331" and "User not authenticated" errors displayed during the configuration of AvaTax Update for QuickBooks Desktop
- You can now remove selected documents from the View Unresolved Sales Tax Error window
- Fixed an issue where the document type for a credit memo was sent as SalesInvoice. It is now sent as ReturnInvoice
- Added the Tax Profile Assistant to aid with setup and other settings for AvaTax Update
- You can now choose to send the UPC code instead of the item code to dictate product taxability. By default, the item code is sent to AvaTax Update.
- You can now calculate tax on an transaction using the bill-to address
- Integration with Avalara's certificate management system. You can now request and retrieve exemption certificates
July 9, 2015
- Avalara release 1.00.73.01
- AvaTax Update for QuickBooks Desktop 1.00.73.01 is an upgrade for 1.00.73.00 release only and is not compatible with any other AvaTax Update release
- Fixed the tax calculation delay for a document
June 30, 2014
- Avalara release 1.00.68.01
- Faster configuration with the new Setup Assistant
- Calculates sales tax four times faster than the last version
May 28, 2013
- Avalara release 0.0.0.13.0.64.1
- Subtotals in QuickBooks Desktop no longer prevent lines after subtotal from going to AvaTax Update.
September 25, 2012
- Avalara release 0.0.0.0.0.64
- Added latitude and longitude functionality
March 22, 2012
- Avalara release 0.0.0.0.0.63
- Fright tax codes are now updated during installation after running AvaTax Configuration
- Added location code functionality
September 14, 2011
- Avalara release 0.0.0.0.0.62
- Compatibility with Advanced Inventory Feature – Basic.
- New functionality of "sending Item Account" to AvaTax Service.
- Supports AvaCert Stand-alone functionality