Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Departments of Revenue and Taxing Authorities


You must register your business in the states and other local jurisdictions where you conduct business so that you can collect and remit sales tax. To register with a state Department of Revenue, Department of Taxation, or other similar taxing authority, you need to file a tax registration application. Here's a list of taxing authorities for each state.
  • Was this article helpful?