Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for NetSuite 3.8. For more detailed information about AvaTax for NetSuite, see the AvaTax for NetSuite guide.
AvaTax for NetSuite release 3.8, July 9, 2013
- Tax Included Option: Tax Included Option is no available to include tax in the item price. When set, the Tax amount will calculated on an amount that the item price minus the applicable tax.
- Tax Included Capability Checkbox in AvaTax Configuration: By checking this feature you will be able to use Tax Included option at Transaction Level.
- Tax Include Checkbox at Transaction Level: Tax Include Checkbox will be visible only when you check Tax Included Capability feature in AvaTax Configuration. Tax include checkbox will let you save the item price either as tax inclusive or tax exclusive. To save the base price as the tax inclusive price, place a check mark on the Tax Include box. To save the base price as the tax exclusive price, clear the Tax Included box.
- Customer Field in Recalculation Batch: With this new field you get a feature to filter your batch according to the customer you select.
- Adding Description Line item in all Sales Transactions: Adding lines on sales transactions with just a description will not require AVATAX Tax Code to save the transaction.
- Create order from Web Service: Certain customer experienced an issue creating an order from Web Services, this has been corrected.
- Make Transaction with Inactive Customer: You can now create a transaction with inactive customer.
- Shopping Cart Optimizations: Shopping cart operations have been optimized for processing speed.
- Faster Customer Creation: Customer creation has been optimized for processing speed. Now creating a customer is much faster than before.
- Cash refund processing: Cash Refund Processing can be done both ways i.e. with and without posting period feature enablement.
- Activating or Inactivating Vendor through Custom Script: Now you can use custom scripts to active or inactive a vendor.
- Customer names can contain more than 50 Characters: You can now create a customer with a customer name more than 50 Characters.
- Tax Calculation for Canadian Customer: You will get correct value for GST and PST Tax fields upon editing the transaction with Canadian Customer.