This article applies to:AvaTax for Communications
When you override a tax rate, you can specify the scope of the override for multiple tax authorities.
Before you begin
|Avalara recommends testing all customizations in your sandbox account before you add them to your production account. After you add customizations to your production account, run test transactions or use the tax determination calculator to make sure you receive the expected results before you complete any bill runs. Please note that adding an incorrect override could result in inaccurate tax calculations.|
- In the Communications Customer Portal, select Settings.
- On the Settings page, next to Customizations, select Manage.
- On the Manage customizations page, select Overrides.
- For the override group to which you want to add an override, select the Actions icon, and select Edit.
- Specify a tax authority.
- Add an override to an existing tax rate for the tax authority:
- Under Tax rates, select the Actions icon for the tax type you want to override, and select Add override.
- On the Add tax rate override page, under Tax rate override details, specify an effective date and expiration date if applicable.
- Specify the new tax rate, and indicate if there is an upper limit to which to apply the new rate.
- Under Set scope, specify the tax authorities for which the override applies.
If you choose an option that includes only select tax authorities in a region, an additional selection list displays. You can select multiple tax authorities from the list.
- Select Save rate override.
At the top of the Tax rates table is an Overrides drop-down, where you can view and maintain all tax rate overrides.
- Select View all added overrides.
You can repeat the process to add more tax rate overrides. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Select Confirm and save, and then select Save override.
The tax rate overrides you created are added to the override group.