Keep Avalara informed about changes to your returns or filing status.
Before you begin
Only users with Account-level permissions can access tax notices on Avalara Account. Contact your account administrator if you can't sign into Avalara Account.
- Sign into Avalara Account.
If you're already signed into AvaTax, click the Avalara Account button at the bottom of any page.
- Tax notices are organized by status:
- Action required: You need to do something, like responding to Avalara or contacting a tax jurisdiction, before Avalara can process the notice. Click a tax notice for more information on what you need to do next.
- In progress: Avalara is processing the tax notice, and no action is required on your part.
- Closed: Avalara closed the tax notice because no further action is needed, such as when a Department of Revenue confirms that a notice can be disregarded. Click a tax notice for more information on why it was closed.
- Resolved: The tax notice has been resolved. Click a tax notice for more information on what's been done.
- Click Details to find out more about tax notices marked Action Required. Review any comments from Avalara support agents and download files attached to the notice.
- An updated power of attorney may be required for certain tax notices.
- Click Submit a notice to create a new one.