If you have AvaTax or Managed Returns, you can open a support case through your account. As cases come in, our support team prioritizes them depending on their urgency. Contact Avalara if you have questions about other products.
The busiest time of the year is in January, when many companies are preparing their fiscal year-end statements. It may take longer to get back to you during this time, but we'll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Before you begin
Have these things with you—the email address you use to sign in to Avalara and the name of the company where the issue occurs.
- In AvaTax, go to Account > Support Cases.
The Support Cases page opens.
- Create your support case.
- Select Open a Support Case.
- Enter your email and company name, and then select the category that best describes your issue.
Your subscription plan determines available options. For example, you can only select Managed Returns if it's part of your plan.
- Enter a subject line and a description for the support case.
As you type, a list of articles related to your issue appear on the right side of the page.
- To include screenshots or other important files, select Upload an Attachment.
- Select Submit.
- Come back to the Support Cases page to check the status of your case. Select Details to see suggestions for resolving your issue.
You can always ask more questions and upload other screenshots or documents.