Your account page provides an in-depth data dashboard for understanding your AvaTax usage. For each Avalara connector you use, these data visualizations show usage by activity type and across your subscription term, helping you better understand how your AvaTax implementation affects your bill.
- Sign in to Avalara.
- Select Account > Products and Usage.
- Fnd AvaTax and select Details.
The AvaTax usage detail page has the following components:
- Plan details
This includes information on transactions (your plan total, how many you've used, and how many are available), term length, and alerts about usage or overage.
- Usage by activity type
A pie chart that divides usage by type. Depending on your AvaTax setup, you could see any of the following:
- Domestic documents: Transactions with tax calculation where the ship-to and ship-from addresses are in the same country.
- Cross-border documents: Transactions with tax calculation where the ship-to and ship-from addresses are in different countries. Each cross-border transaction equates to 1.15 domestic transactions.
- Customs documents: Cross-border transactions that also have calculation for customs duties and import tax. Because of the extra calculation involved, each customs transaction equates to 1.75 domestic transactions.
- Line items: The total number of lines items, divided by 35, from days where document lines contributed to billable usage. This type of usage activity is relatively uncommon.
- API calls: Total calls to the Avalara tax calculation API, divided by 10, from days where API calls contributed to billable usage.
- Address validations: Total calls to the Avalara address validation API, divided by 10. Address validations specific to calculating tax don't count toward this total.
- Usage over time
A bar chart that divides usage by type, by week across your current subscription term. Select a bar to see a breakdown of usage activity for that week.
The AvaTax usage system doesn't recognize the data source of certain connectors. These are listed as "Other connectors" on the usage detail page.
For the most detailed information about how your usage is calculated, see the AvaTax terms and conditions.