Your business needs can change over time, either as your business itself changes or as the accounting software you use changes. When your business needs change, or as you better understand what Avalara can do for you, you might also want to make changes to your products or services.
Change your subscription to an Avalara product or service
Contact your Account Manager to request changes to an existing product or service subscription. They can help you:
- Add the ability to calculate tax outside of the US and Canada
- Increase your transaction or return count
- Have Avalara file your returns
- Change your AvaTax integration software
- Store certificate images in AvaTax
- Register your business to collect tax in a new state
- Purchase a business application integration
- Purchase or extend a development account
- Extend a test or sandbox environment
Downgrade an Avalara product or service
To reduce the volume of a service subscription plan, contact your Account Manager. Be sure to specify your company name and the service that you wish to downgrade.
You must notify Avalara of a reduction request at least 30 days prior to your service renewal date. The reduction will be effective at the start of your renewal term. Service subscription plan information can be found in the terms and conditions accepted at the time of account activation.
Cancel an Avalara product or service
To cancel your Avalara product or service subscription, email email@example.com. You'll receive an email with instructions for completing an online cancelation form. This form must be submitted to complete your cancelation request.
Cancelation policies are outlined in Avalara's terms and conditions.
Cancel products or services purchased through an Avalara partner
If you purchased your Avalara product through a partner (e.g. Sage, Epicor, Intaact), review your contract with the appropriate partner for details of their cancelation and refund policies. Some partners have different contracts that may supersede Avalara's policies.
Cancel Managed Returns
Before canceling your Managed Returns service, make sure that you have everything you need to file returns on your own in the future. Before canceling:
- Retrieve your scheduled Managed Returns filing and state login information
- Retrieve copies of previously filed returns
- Review tax notices for previously filed returns
Contact your Account Manager if you'd like to cancel Managed Returns.