Tell Us Where You Collect Tax
Add Pennsylvania to the places where you collect tax. This tells AvaTax to calculate tax on Pennsylvania transactions. See the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue website for details about nexus, registration, and taxes in Pennsylvania.
Before you add Pennsylvania, there are two things you need to do:
- Make sure you have nexus in Pennsylvania. In some states, you may have economic nexus if you're a remote seller.
- Register with the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
"Sourcing" determines the location where a sale is taxed. Pennsylvania is an origin-sourced state.
Add Your Company Locations
Pennsylvania doesn't require location reporting on the returns. Add any physical locations you have in Pennsylvania to enhance your company setup and track sales by location.
Schedule Your Returns
Your company name and taxpayer ID from Your Company Details show up on your returns. Make sure they match what’s on your registration information.
Use this info to schedule your returns. Keep in mind that the selections you made when you told us where you collect tax, any location codes you entered, and the forms you select are related and should tie together.
All tax types are reported on a single Pennsylvania sales and use tax form.
- Select form PA-3R if you're registered to remit Pennsylvania Sales, Use and/or Hotel Occupancy Tax
- Make sure you enter your eight-digit, state-assigned registration ID in the correct format. Example: 12-345-678
- Select form PA Monthly Pre-Payment if you're required to make monthly prepayments
- If Avalara doesn't have a full 12 months of prior year data, you're required to provide the total liability amount for the missing periods or we can't track prepayments for you for the first year
- See the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue website or contact the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue at 717-787-1064 for more info about prepayments