Tell Us Where You Collect Tax
Add Connecticut to the places where you collect tax. This tells AvaTax to calculate tax on Connecticut transactions. See the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services website for details about nexus, registration, and taxes in Connecticut.
Before you add Connecticut, there are two things you need to do:
- Make sure you have nexus in Connecticut. In some states, you may have economic nexus if you're a remote seller.
- Register with the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
You don't have to select a tax type for Connecticut.
"Sourcing" determines the location where a sale is taxed. Connecticut is a destination-sourced state.
Add Your Company Locations
Connecticut doesn't require location reporting on the returns. Add any physical locations you have in Connecticut to enhance your company setup and track sales by location.
Schedule Your Returns
Your company name and taxpayer ID from Your Company Details show up on your returns. Make sure they match what’s on your registration information.
Use this info to schedule your returns. Keep in mind that the selections you made when you told us where you collect tax, any location codes you entered, and the forms you select are related and should tie together.
- Select form CT OS 114 to report all tax types
- Confirm your filing frequency by viewing your Registered Tax Types on your CT Business Profile
- Enter your eleven-digit Connecticut registration ID (CT REG) exactly as it appears on your registration