Tell Us Where You Collect Tax
Add Manitoba to the places where you collect tax. This tells AvaTax to calculate tax on Manitoba transactions.
In general, you're required to register to collect retail sales tax (RST) if you sell taxable goods and services to residents of Manitoba. See the Manitoba Taxation Division website for more information.
You don't have to select a tax type for Manitoba.
Add Your Company Locations
Manitoba doesn't require location reporting on the returns. Add any physical locations you have in Manitoba to enhance your company setup and track sales by location.
Schedule Your Returns
Your company name and taxpayer ID from Your Company Details show up on your returns. Make sure they match what’s on your registration information.
Use this info to schedule your returns. Keep in mind that the selections you made when you told us where you collect tax, any location codes you entered, and the forms you select are related and should tie together.
- Select the CA GST/HST form to report and remit Canada GST
- Select form CA Manitoba MG2234 if you're registered to collect RST in Manitoba
- Enter the username and password for Manitoba's TAXcess website if you want the return to be filed electronically
- Canadian returns must be funded and remitted in Canadian dollars (CAD).
- If you don't agree to fund and report in CAD, Avalara offers Signature Ready returns where we prep the returns and you're responsible for filing and paying. You can also file in house if you don't want to do either of these options.