Our compliance team needs a power of attorney—sometimes called a filing power of attorney—to be able to discuss a tax notice with a jurisdiction. If we don't have a power of attorney on file for a specific tax jurisdiction or it has expired, we send the form to you to help you get started.
|A power of attorney for tax notices is different than a funding power of attorney you filled out when you first set up Managed Returns.
- Go to Returns > Tax Notices.
- Select Details next to the tax notice that's missing a power of attorney.
Discrepancy notices missing a power of attorney are automatically closed within 10 days.
- Select the download link to save a copy of the power of attorney for the appropriate state.
We enter your company information in the form for you.
- Review the form to make sure it is correct.
- If the form is incorrect, go to your state's department of revenue to find the power of attorney form you need.
- Check with your state department of revenue if you have questions about what level of access is appropriate for Avalara.
- After you complete the form, select Attach to upload the file, and then select Save.