Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Request an amendment for product returns


This article applies to:Avalara Returns

You may need to file an amendment to your return due to products being returned and/or refunded. Request the amendment by opening a support case in your AvaTax account. 


  • If you are requesting an amendment due to products being returned, add return invoices to the period of the original sale.
  • If you have already committed a return invoice, and the return invoice is in carryover status, send us:
    • A list of the return invoices in carryover status that you are claiming refund for; and
    • A list of the corresponding sales invoices.

For more information on viewing return invoices in carryover status, see Monitor and apply carryover credits.

For more information on running the carryover report, see Run a liability worksheet report in AvaTax.

  • Was this article helpful?